Are you sure you have the cleanest home on the block? Well, I hate to pop a bubble, but if you’re like me, you may have missed a few places that make you Mr. or Ms. Clean. There are many Dirty Secrets lurking in your home that you may not have thought about. Here are just a few places that you might have missed.
1. The undersides of rugs, especially those near the doorways. It’s usually the larger rugs that need help, not the one you throw into the laundry.
2. The disposal ring. When was the last time you pulled that disgusting thing out and took a look at it? Eek. Germ City!
3. The kitchen hood vents. Boy can those build up grease. Pull those things out and put them into the dishwasher. It’s amazing how clean they come out.
4. Kitchen counters have little crevices that somehow seem to catch every crumb you’ve ever had. Move things away from the back splach and take a little brush to clean with.
5. Do you have any ceiling fans? Or, fans in your bathrooms? When was the last time you cleaned those?
6. Toilets and the seats. Need I say more?
7. If you have a crawl space under your home, have you checked to see if it’s clean of debris and rodent droppings lately?
8. Your dryer vent. You can buy an attachment for your vacuum to vacuum out the dryer where the screen slides in. It’s loaded with lint. Also get to the back and side of it as well. Tons of lint there, too.